Acting for Adults
Are you interested in acting? Maybe you are part of an amateur drama group or have been wanting to join one for a while? This class offers an introduction to skills relating to the acting craft. Beyond the benefits of improvisational and presentational skills scenic role-play can also enhance self-understanding.
Aside from exploring basic principles movement and speech this class focuses as well on imagination and social skills.
The following subjects will be introduced:
- posture and gesture
- speed and effort
- movement paths and locations onstage
- voice and enunciation
- emphasis and phrasing
- interpretation (character and behavior)
- role-play (action and reaction)
- style (text analysis)
Wednesdays, 19:30 – 21:30h
- January 20, 2021
- January 27, 2021
- February 3, 2021
- February 10, 2021
– Fasnacht vacation –
- March 3, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- March 24, 2021
Number of participants
- Minimum 4
- Maximum 6
Places are given on a first come first serve basis according to the date of payment.
- Willingness to prepare and practice in between classes: reading plays, memorizing lines, practicing elements of speech and movement. Approximate time required: ca. 30 minutes per day
- Participation in all of the classes. The work sessions build on one another. We will also be working on scenes (dialogues), so if one person is absent the scene partner can’t rehearse either.
- Fluency in English
Registration is open until January 13, 2021.